Are you wondering what to pack for a trip to Cuba?
Knowing what to pack for Cuba is just as important as making sure that you even come here in the first place!
When you decide to come to a nation like Cuba, you are coming to experience a part of the world few other nations can replicate.
Quick Answer: What to Pack for Cuba
- Thinking Of Going In The Sea? – Underwater Snorkel Set
- Keep Your Belongings Secure – Get Ths Amazing Backpack
- Repel Those Pesky Pests – All Natural Bug Spray
- Protect Your Eyes At All Times – See My Favourite Travel Glasses
- Cuba Travel Safety Guide – Is Cuba Safe?
Cuba is a very unique location, ensuring that you get to enjoy all the help that you could possibly need to see what life is really like in Cuba.
What to Pack for Cuba
Knowing what not to carry to Cuba is equally as important too, before we look at the list of what to pack see the suggestions below.
What not to Bring to Cuba
If you’re unsure of what list of things to bring to Cuba, I recommend that you try and avoid bringing along things like:
- Anything prohibited by the Cuba Customs website. This changes all the time but includes everything from TVs and satellite phones to air conditioning units and water heaters. These items will be confiscated or could see you barred from entry.
- You also can’t bring any fresh fruit. That might seem a little over the top, but it’s important that you avoid bringing any of this with you: you will simply not be allowed to bring any of this in, and you’ll not be given any compensation if it’s taken off you.
- You can, though, bring things like video cameras, laptop computers, and anything that could be used to either capture sounds. This means that you can get in with a lot of IT equipment, but I recommend that you check ahead of time to see if you can bring this with you.
- Lastly, in your checklist for Cuba don’t include any kind of foreign coin with you. Only bring bills and notes. Keep in mind that any US Dollars come with a 10% surcharge.
Packing for Cuba
So what things may you want to pack for Cuba? See some of the useful information and advice below.
This should help you to make sure that you come to Cuba armed with all of the tools that you need to make the most of your time here.
- Top quality backpack
- Immense storage capacity within
- Sturdy yet lightweight
If you need a travel companion that will make your life easier, this might be a good place to start. You’ll find that the interior of each of these bags will deliver a very impressive and satisfying solution.
Tortuga backpacks make it much easier for you to keep all of your goods secure as you travel through Cuba thanks to its ergonomic design and easily organized interior.
- Great for underwater events
- Tempered glass, anti-fog lens
- Snorkeling must-have
If you intend on going on some impromptu snorkeling, then you should look to try some of the best snorkeling masks out there – like this one.
It’s a must-have if you are serious about enjoying the whole experience, giving you all the help that you need to ensure that you can allow the snorkeling experience to be enjoyed, not endured.
- USDA approved bug spray
- Great for all bugs
- Last for 4-hours
Probably the best bug spray for Cuba. Especially if you don’t want to become dinner for the creatures and critters! Quite frankly, bug spray is a must-have. See these travel-sized bugs spays for more ideas.
It will help you to avoid this problem, instead of ensuring that you can enjoy getting rid of the bugs and actually seeing the country.
An essential for every packing list for Cuba and great for getting rid of the particularly dangerous mosquitoes in the area without any consequence.
- Kills off bacterial parasites
- Removes environmental contamination
- Up to 1000-gallons
If you wish to make sure that you can get a drink of water in a pinch, this water filter is just what you need.
This device can kill off just about anything dangerous in the water, allowing for you to easily get rid of contaminants, chemicals, microplastics, and parasites meaning that you can get a drink of water when it’s needed.
- SPF 30 protection
- Great for lasting safety
- UVA/UVB protection provided
Cuba is a naturally hot place, so protecting yourself from its incredible heat makes a lot of sense.
This will help you to bear the brunt of the summer heat and make sure that you can enjoy a bit of extra protection, meaning that you should be able to go anywhere in Cuba and enjoy the sun instead of suffering from it.
- Excellent gift
- Great for celebrating achievements
- Impressive leakproof material
When packing for Cuba, if you want to make sure that you can celebrate your landmark moments, a bit of liquor might be just what you need.
This awesome little flask lets you carry that with you at all times, ensuring that you can easily get over any problems with regards to carrying around a bottle: now you can enjoy Cuban rum the classic way!
- Great sound quality
- Inconspicuous speaker design
- Easy to recharge
Want to enjoy those momentous moments with some of your favorite songs? This easy to use Bluetooth speaker will make that instantly possible.
A must-have for anyone who wants to help take some shots of the world, enjoy some time to themselves and celebrate with some quality music to help them rest, relax and recuperate from the achievements of the day.
- Excellent eye protection
- 100% UV400 protection
- Non-polarized glasses design
When you want to enjoy every last sight and sign that Cuba has to offer you, then you need to pick up a pair of quality folding sunglasses.
See my travel sunglasses review. These shades will give you all the help that you need to help make sure that you can drink in those stunning sights seen from atop the various natural landscapes Cuba has to offer.
What to Pack for Cuba
Now that you know what to pack for Cuba you can feel much more comfortable about coming to this amazing location.
Out of all the places that you could visit in the world, few are likely to be as welcoming and as friendly as a trip to Cuba. Find out more info on Cuba here.
So, keep all that in mind: it’s going to play a decisive role in helping you enjoy every last moment!
📌 Like this article? Pin it…
Need More Packing Inspiration?
Hopefully, you’ve got some ideas on what to carry to Cuba.
Feel like you need more travel gear for your trip?
- Books About Cuba – Carry a book along with you.
- What to Wear In The Desert – Clothing for the desert.
- Travel Shoe Bags – Protect your shoes in transit.
- Comfy Walking Shoes – The most comfortable travel shoes.
- Backpack Rain Cover – Stop your gear from getting wet.
Or, maybe you’re even considering buying a gift for a fellow traveler? Check out our best travel gear page for ideas on what else to carry.
“Dear friend! Some links in this post contain affiliate links. Meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, book a hostel or sign up for a tour, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Your support means a lot to me and helps me to keep traveling and maintaining the quality of this site for you.”