Trying to find some good quality waterproof hiking pants?
Then it can be tough to know where to start. This guide, should help you to choose and then also provides some great recommendations to choose from.
Quick Answer: Best Waterproof Hiking Pants
- Comfortable And Lightweight – GORE-TEX: Designed to Last
- Great for Everyday Usage – Comfortable And Waterproof
- Plenty of Security Pockets – Great for Long-Distance Trips
- Excellent Hiking Pants – Designed For Long-Distance
- Travel Buyers Guide – Best Waterproof Hiking Pants
Table of Contents
Waterproof Hiking Pants
While it can never be easy to make such a choice, it’s not impossible by any means. You just need to know what to look out for.
Choosing Your Waterproof Hiking Pants
In our mind, when making any choice of waterproof hiking pants we look to focus on the following:
- What material are they made from? It goes without saying that they need to be waterproof, but they also need to be comfortable. Don’t make the mistake of using a pair of hiking pants that are going to keep you dry but also be uncomfortable to wear during hikes.
- Are they lightweight enough? Hiking pants should offer security and durability, but they should be lightweight enough that you can walk in them for hours. Make sure you don’t buy heavyweight trousers as they will just tend to weigh you down and make it hard for you to get around.
- Are they insulated? Insulation is common in hiking pants, but it depends on personal choice. For summer trips you probably don’t need this, but trips in Fall and in Autumn should go some way to helping you make a choice that you can be happy within the long-term.
So, focus on the above and you’ll have fewer problems in making some wise choices about which waterproof hiking pants to focus on.
It can be tough to make a choice, but these are always going to be a good starting place when buying based on the above.
Best Waterproof Hiking Pants
Still not sure what to go out and buy? That’s fine.
To help you get started in choosing waterproof hiking pants, we have put together a simple collection of quality items that are going to be worth your time, money, and investment.
Pick one of these magnificent pairs up today and you’ll soon be reaping the benefits:
Marmot Men’s Minimalist Lightweight
By using the famous GORE-TEX technology that has become so famous, these minimalist and lightweight hiking pants made a great addition to your collection. They provide an ample combination of comfort, consistency, and protection. This makes them great for just about any kind of hiking trip you have in mind.
KUHL Jetstream Rain Pants – Men’s
If you want stylish trousers that look good and do the hiking job intended, you should absolutely take a look at these pants. They are a fine choice that should give you all of the support that you need to make your life a bit easier. They look great paired with water shoes when on a rocky beach or in muddy terrain.
Arc’teryx Beta SL Pant Men’s
Get yourself suitably prepared for a long trip with the help of these high-quality pants. They look good, feel good to wear, and give you a superlight pair of trousers that should remove discomfort along the way. Ideal for any hiker building up a proper hiking collection.
Outdoor Research Men’s Helium Pants
Thanks to the nature of these trousers, they will help you to not only be more visible as you go about your day but also more likely to stay dry. They are made with the intent of keeping you safe and protected but also dry during a downpour.
The North Face Men’s Freedom Pant
Need hiking trousers that can take the stress out of the journey? Then you should definitely take a look at these interesting choices available to you today. These look good, feel good, and give you a pair of trousers that you could wear outside of hiking trips, as well.
The North Face Men’s Venture 2
If you want to go hiking in a place with lots of rain, these are a good choice of trousers. They help to keep you plenty dry from the elements, allowing you to focus on enjoying the experience as opposed to trying to find ways to avoid being needlessly soaked in a downpour.
REI Co-op Rainier Full-Zip Rain Pants – Men’s
These trousers will ensure that you always have something to help you stay plenty dry as you go about your average working day. An excellent choice of product that looks good, feels good, and should provide you with all of the protection that you need to stay safe entirely.
Columbia Men’s Rebel Roamer Rain Pant
Need clothing that can keep you nice and comfortable during your next trip? Then take a look here. These are the ideal choice for those who want trousers that you can easily wear in the rain or in heavy outdoor weather without having to worry about their suitability or their comfort factor.
Waterproof Hiking Pants
While it’s never easy to choose good quality hiking pants, this should in theory make your job a little bit easier.
By looking at each suggestion made you should have little issue in picking out a quality option that should perfectly suit your needs.
The next time you go hiking, you’ll now have pants that you know will keep you plenty dry!
📌 Like this article? Pin it…
Do You Need More Packing Inspiration?
Hopefully, you’ve found some travel pants for your travels.
Feel like you need more travel gear for your trip?
- Anti-Theft Camera Bag – Protect your camera gear on the road.
- Collapsible Water Bottle – Stay responsibly hydrated.
- Travel Bug Spray – Portable bug spray for the road.
- Hidden Pocket Gear – More clothing items with hidden pockets.
- Travel Umbrellas – Stay dry no matter where you travel.
Or, maybe you’re considering buying a gift for a fellow traveler? See this best travel gear page for even more ideas on what to shop for.
“Dear friend! Some links in this post contain affiliate links. Meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, book a hostel or sign up for a tour, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Your support means a lot to me and helps me to keep traveling and maintaining the quality of this site for you.”