Are you searching for the best hostels in Panama?
Panama is a unique pitstop for anyone backpacking Central America. Especially when looking to mix it up with a good party and having unique beach experiences.
Quick Answer: Best Hostels in Panama
- Best Boutique Hostel in Casco Viejo – Selina Panama City
- Panama’s Best Party Hostel – Selina Bocas del Toro
- Panama’s Cheapest Hostel – Casa MonaLisa PTY
- Digital Nomads Hostel In Panama – Bambuda Castle
- Full List of Party Places – Party Hostels in Central America
Panama is one of the most influential countries in Central America and has many off the beaten track places to discover.
Best Hostels in Panama
You shouldn’t find it difficult to find a place to stay and knowing some of the best hostels in Panama will make a big difference.
What to Look for When Booking Hostels
- Location: Panama City makes a good starting point for any backpacker or traveler, you’ll probably be able to relate to how important location is.
If you’re on a budget making sure you’re within close proximity to the attraction or central location you’re visiting can save you money in the long run.
- Price: Cheaper is not always the best way to go when choosing hostels. When taking into account the other key points you can find a happy medium. Try picking one or two hostels located in the same area and make a decision based on your personal priorities.
- Comfort: For the seasoned backpacker comfort become ever more so important. A rock-solid bed, cold water, and loud background music can be an instant turn-off for some people.
See the reviews for each individual hostel and make sure you carry some decent travel toiletries that will serve you well. If having WiFi in your room is a deal-breaker you may want to contact the hostel first to inquire.
- Activities: What is there to do in the area and does the hostel offer any means of support for getting there or even guided tours with a local guide?
This is an important one if you’re planning is to live new experiences and make new friends. Taking part in this type of group activities really help you create long-lasting travel experiences.
So, whilst looking for a place to stay in Panama, check out these hostels. That way you can get a head start planning your trip.
Best Hostels in Panama
Is it your first time traveling to Panama? Or maybe even your first time backpacking in Central America.
If so, I have created this guide of hostels in Panama below to help you to find the ideal place to rest your head:
- Comfortable & trendy
- Helpful staff
- Vibrant atmosphere
Its location is near bars, restaurants, and areas with active nightlife. Along with its great service and a fun atmosphere, this hostel is a top pick for tourists.
- High-quality facilities
- Spectacular views
- Friendly and accommodating staff
Looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and want to relax while enjoying stunning views of nature? This hostel is the best for you.
- Pet-friendly hostel
- Good value for money
- Tourist-friendly location
Selina Casco Viejo Panama city is located in one of the most picturesque neighborhoods in Panama, so if you like capturing the beauty of this city, this hostel is ideal for you.
- Kind and hospitable staff
- Safe and centrally located
- Incredible breakfast food
Casa MonaLisa PTY is for travelers who like to walk around a safe neighborhood after enjoying a sumptuous breakfast and meeting other travelers in the hostel’s common areas.
- Yummy breakfast
- Chill and relaxing atmosphere
- Clean and comfortable beds
Great staff, sociable yet relaxing atmosphere, and hearty breakfasts are just some of the amazing offers of this hostel. For tourists seeking a quiet escape, this is highly recommended.
- Beachfront Property
- Generous and helpful staff
- Cheap beer and food
Beer, beach, and chill atmosphere are what tourists love about this hostel. If you enjoy meeting new people on a scenic beach, then this hostel has the best spot!
🔓 Are you forgetting Something!?
Securing your belongings in hostels is a must whilst traveling.
- 3 dial combination
- Gives Peace of Mind
- Coated Steel Cable
Staying in hostels in Latin America with camera equipment and laptops, I’ve had to secure my belongings click here to learn more.
- Top-notch facilities
- Helpful and accommodating staff
- Relaxing surroundings
Accessible through public transport from Boquete Central, Spanish by the River – Boquete is a good place to relax, especially with its homey vibe and staff accommodation.
- Clean and cozy beds
- Peaceful and quite hostel
- Kind and informative staff
With its English-speaking, cheerful, and well-informed staff, this place is a great place to meet new people and as a starting point for visiting other tourist destinations in Panama.
- Incredible pool
- Spacious and clean rooms
- Great value for money
With its tropical and jungle-like interiors, Bambu Hostel gives you a unique ambiance wherein you can relax and a great escape from the city.
- Peaceful and calming ambiance
- Amazing outdoor swimming pool
- Helpful staff
The location and rainforest within the distance of this hostel will give you a chance to be one with nature – listen to forest sounds and walk around a surf-able beach.
- Scenic view of mountains
- Fun group activities
This hostel is a hiker’s ideal place – the stunning views, private dorm rooms and group outdoor activities, you will surely have a memorable vacation if you stay in this hostel.
- Tasty breakfast
- Cheap yoga lessons
- Accessible for transport
You get a great value for your money when you experience this place’s best offerings – eat the yummy breakfast, lounge while watching Netflix, and be accommodated by the friendly staff.
Whilst in Central America it would be rude not to take some time out to see the unique Panamanian culture.
Why Choose a Hostels in Panama?
- Meet like-minded people: Staying in a hostel can be a great way to meet other backpackers, locals, and knowledgeable guides. Many people overlook this aspect when considering staying in hostels.
- Save money: A great reason to save money and extend your budget even further. Hostels are typically one of the most cost-effective types of accommodation in Latin America. If you’re traveling as a couple or not on a tight budget remember that many hostels in Latin America offer private rooms. Meaning you can have the same privacy s you would in a hotel room but still benefit from the social and group dynamic of hostel life.
- Find Cultural Activities: Whilst backpacking Panama, hostels are one of the best places to get inside information on all the local events and cultural actives in the area. Some of the most unique and spontaneous.
Travel Insurance for Panama
A major part of staying safe whilst traveling in any foreign place is making sure you’re covered.
I always recommend backpackers and travelers (no matter who you are) use World Nomads Insurance for fully comprehensive cover.
If you are due to travel soon, you can get a Get A Free Quote by clicking the link or the image above and filling out your details – that way you’ll get instant cover from the exact date that you choose.
On many occasions World Nomads has provided me with reliable insurance cover for travel in Latin America and the rest of the world.
Best Hostels in Panama
Get more ideas on where to stay in Panama no matter how you like to travel; whether it be on a backpacking budget or in luxury style.
Booking accommodation before you arrive allows peace of mind. Not just for your safety in Panama but to ensure you can relax on arrival.
Booking in advance means you can focus on exploring whilst concentrating on getting to know the places, people, and local life.
📌 Like this article? Pin it…
Backpacking Panama? Or, still deciding where to stay in Panama?
💬 Leave a comment below or let’s start a conversation!
“Dear friend! Some links in this post contain affiliate links. Meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, book a hostel or sign up for a tour, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Your support means a lot and helps me to keep traveling and maintaining the quality of this site for you.”