Are you looking for the best hostels in Santiago?
Santiago de Chile is a truly unique city in South America.
Quick Answer: Best Hostels in Santiago, Chile
- Boutique Hostel in Santiago – Happy House Hostel
- Digital Nomad Hostel in Santiago – Santiago Backpackers
- Best Party Hostel in Santiago – Hostal Providencia
- Santiago Travel Safety – Is Chile Safe?
- Need Something More Upmarket? – Places To Stay in Santiago
If booking a bed in this sizable city with an amazing view of the Andes Mountains, here are some stellar examples to get you started.
Not only is Santiago a cultural, political, and financial center it is the home to some beautiful colonial buildings and spacious parks.
Backpacker Hostels Santiago, Chile
It’s not difficult to find somewhere to stay here. However, knowing the top hostels will make a big difference to your experience.
What to Look for When Booking Hostels
- Location: Santiago is one of the best places to stay in Chile and as a backpacker or traveler, you’ll probably be able to relate to how important location is. If you’re on a budget making sure you’re within close proximity to the attraction or central location you’re visiting can save you money in the long run.
- Price: Cheaper is not always the best way to go when choosing hostels. When taking into account the other key points you can find a happy medium. Try picking one or two hostels located in the same area and make a decision based on your personal priorities.
- Comfort: For the seasoned backpacker comfort become ever more so important. A rock-solid bed, cold water, and loud background music can be an instant turn-off for some people. See the reviews for each individual hostel and make sure you carry some decent travel toiletries that will serve you well. If having WiFi in your room is a deal-breaker you may want to contact the hostel first to inquire.
- Activities: What is there to do in the area and does the hostel offer any means of support for getting there or even guided tours with a local guide? This is an important one if you’re planning is to live new experiences and make new friends. Taking part in this type of group activities really help you create long-lasting travel experiences.
So, when looking for a place to stay in Santiago, Chile, check out some of these hostels. That way you can get a head start planning your trip.
Backpacker Hostels Santiago, Chile
Now, let’s take a look at some of the best hostels in Santiago that really can enhance your stay, whether short or long.
If you’re looking for convenience, Plaza de Armas is perfect for you – with its clean amenities and central location everything is in reach – stores, restaurants, and public transit!
Located near the tourist spots, Rado Boutique Hostel is perfect for travelers who want to rest in clean beds and relax while enjoying the panoramic view of Santiago City.
With its location, barbecue facilities, and great communal areas solo travelers will enjoy meeting touring around and meeting fellow tourists in a comfortable setting!
At Hostal Rio Amazonas – enjoy the food from nearby restaurants and be amazed at the superb service from the staff at Hostal Rio Amazonas – they’ll help you in every way they can!
With its savvy and spacious rooms and location, you’ll get maximum comfort at Casa La Blanca and you’ll also experience the hospitality with the hostel’s incredible hosts.
An eco-hostel, Hostal Tambo Verde is perfect for travelers who like to stay in a quiet neighborhood while staying accessible to the Patio Bellavista, an outdoor mall!
🔓 Are you forgetting Something!?
Securing your belongings in hostels is a must whilst traveling.
- 3 dial combination
- Gives Peace of Mind
- Coated Steel Cable
Staying in hostels in Latin America with camera equipment and laptops, I’ve had to secure my belongings click here to learn more.
With its helpful staff and good facilities, you won’t have to worry about everything else except explore museums and tourist spots to immerse yourself in the Chilean culture.
Experience the superb hosting of the owner of Hostal Sol Y Luna, David. With his service and the clean amenities, his hostel has to offer, this place is highly recommended!
A boutique hostel with a city view from the terrace, you will surely enjoy your city exploration after getting a good night’s sleep with its clean and comfy facilities.
Looking for a home away from home? This hostel can offer you that! Its’ service and immaculately clean surroundings will surely make you feel like you’re right where you should be.
When looking where to stay in Santiago, Chile, The Bellavista Hostel is a perfect option. Designed for travelers who crave nightlife at the end of each day. With its easily accessible drinks and bars, you will surely enjoy your stay in Santiago!
Get superb service with the owner’s hospitality and be energized with its healthy breakfast! If you want a stress-free vacation, this hostel is ideal for you.
With the above recommendations, you should find one of these hostels in Santiago to fit your needs.
If you’re still undecided, look below at some of the reasons why I feel hostels are great for backpacking.
Why Choose a Hostels in Chile?
- Meet like-minded people: Staying in a hostel can be a great way to meet other backpackers, locals, and knowledgeable guides. Many people overlook this aspect when considering staying in hostels.
- Save money: A great reason to save money and extend your budget even further. Hostels are typically one of the most cost-effective types of accommodation in Latin America. If you’re traveling as a couple or not on a tight budget remember that many hostels in Latin America offer private rooms. Meaning you can have the same privacy s you would in a hotel room but still benefit from the social and group dynamic of hostel life.
- Find Cultural Activities: Whilst backpacking through chile, hostels are one of the best places to get inside information on all the local events and cultural actives in the area. Some of the most unique and spontaneous.
Travel Insurance for Santiago
I always recommend backpackers and travelers (no matter who you are) use World Nomads Insurance for fully comprehensive cover.
If you are due to travel soon, you can get a Get A Free Quote by clicking the link or the image above and filling out your details – that way you’ll get instant cover from the exact date that you choose.
On many occasions World Nomads has provided me with reliable insurance cover for travel in Latin America and the rest of the world
Best Hostels in Santiago, Chile
I find that booking my accommodation before I arrive allows me to concentrate on the more important stuff.
When booking in advance you are allowing yourself more time to explore. Make sure you always secure your backpack when staying in hostels.
There can be some pretty petty thieves lurking around those places.
But don’t let that thought startle you, just bear it in mind for when lugging your backpacking equipment around from hostel to hostel.
📌 Like this article? Pin it…
💬 Leave a nice comment or let’s start a conversation below!
“Dear friend! Some links in this post contain affiliate links. Meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, book a hostel or sign up for a tour, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Your support means a lot and helps me to keep traveling and maintaining the quality of this site for you.”