Looking for the best hostels in Florianopolis?
I created this list after backpacking Florianopolis and searching for the best accommodation.
Quick Answer: Best Hostels in Florianopolis
- Best Boutique Hostel In Florianopolis – Vintage Hostel
- Hostel For Digital Nomads in Florianopolis – Mad Dog
- The Best Party Hostel in Florianopolis – Geckos Hostel
- The Cheapest Hostel in Florianopolis – On the Road Hostel
- More Brazil Travel Locations – Best Places in Brazil
You shouldn’t find it difficult to find a place to stay and by Knowing the top hostels in Florianopolis before arriving you’ll save time.
What to Look for When Booking Hostels
- Location: Santiago is one of the best places to stay in Chile and as a backpacker or traveler, you’ll probably be able to relate to how important location is. If you’re on a budget making sure you’re within close proximity to the attraction or central location you’re visiting can save you money in the long run.
- Price: Cheaper is not always the best way to go when choosing hostels. When taking into account the other key points you can find a happy medium. Try picking one or two hostels located in the same area and make a decision based on your personal priorities.
- Comfort: For the seasoned backpacker comfort become ever more so important. A rock-solid bed, cold water, and loud background music can be an instant turn-off for some people. See the reviews for each individual hostel and make sure you carry some decent travel toiletries that will serve you well. If having WiFi in your room is a deal-breaker you may want to contact the hostel first to inquire.
- Activities: What is there to do in the area and does the hostel offer any means of support for getting there or even guided tours with a local guide? This is an important one if you’re planning is to live new experiences and make new friends. Taking part in these type of group activities really helps you create long-lasting travel experiences.
As you’ll probably know, Florianopolis is the perfect stop for anyone looking to party and soaking up those beach vibes.
So, take some time to check these hostels, and that way you can get a head start planning your trip.
Best hostels in Florianopolis
Now without further ado, lets look a little more in depth at the best hostels in Florianopolis:
- Well maintained and decorated
- Sumptuous breakfast
- Attentive and Helpful staff
Looking for a comfortable place with a positive vibe? This hostel offers a good atmosphere for international travelers who want to experience comfort through new amenities and great staff service.
- Centrally located in Floripa
- Clean and comfortable beds
- With WiFi internet connection
If you want accessibility, then this is what you’re looking for! Its location is a 10-minute walk to the market and bus stations making it a top-notch recommendation.
- Great value for money
- Excellent hostel staff service
- Clean and organized amenities
This hostel offers a homey vibe as the owner is very friendly. It has a pool table and a resident dog named Chico, which will make your stay more memorable.
- Spacious and clean shower
- Free yoga sessions
- Well kept and clean kitchen
If you’re looking for a laid-back and relaxing staycation then this is a suitable hostel for you. It offers daily breakfast, with good wifi and has a good location.
- English-speaking staff
- Great outdoor amenities
- Free WiFi in all areas
Extraordinary hospitality from the staff and monkey-feeding experience are the best offers of this hostel. The location is also convenient for guests as it is close to restaurants and supermarkets.
- 6-minute walk to beach
- Yummy breakfast
- Enthusiastic, helpful staff
If you’re a solo traveler looking forward to meeting new people and relax at the same time near Campeche Beach, then this is a perfect choice.
- Diverse breakfast selection
- Close to UFSC
- Great value for money
Clandestino’s location is ideal for those who want to experience the university atmosphere and nature at the same time. With its beautiful ambiance, guests will surely have a lovely time.
🔓 Are you forgetting Something!?
Securing your belongings in hostels is a must whilst traveling.
- 3 dial combination
- Gives Peace of Mind
- Coated Steel Cable
Staying in hostels in Latin America with camera equipment and laptops, I’ve had to secure my belongings click here to learn more.
- 1-minute walk to beach
- Group activities for guests
- Great communal areas
The Search House caters to guests who want to maximize their vacation by basking on the beach, socializing with new people, and end the day in a comfy bed.
- 8-minute walk to the beach
- Spacious and clean rooms
- Friendly staff
A wonderful hostel close to everything you need – beach, several shops, markets and restaurants. Also, it has a staff that will make you want to extend your stay!
- Walking distance to the beach
- Comfy and spacious rooms
- Beautiful view from hostel
It’s not called “The View” for no reason, if you want to see an amazing sunset on a beach, then this is the perfect place.
- Beachfront property
- Great location
- Cozy common areas
If you enjoy socializing, walks on the beach, and waking up every day to a garden, then this is the ideal place for you.
- Eco-friendly hostel
- Fun and friendly staff
- Good social atmosphere
This hostel is for those who enjoy spacious communal spaces, participating in group activities, and ending the day with a quiet night in a comfy mattress.
Having my hostel booked before I arrive gives me the peace of mind I require to do solo travel safely.
If you’ve read my post on things to do in Florianopolis you’ll know how it is one of my favorite places to be in South Brazil.
Why Choose a Hostels in Florianopolis?
- Meet like-minded people: Staying in a hostel can be a great way to meet other backpackers, locals, and knowledgeable guides. Many people overlook this aspect when considering staying in hostels.
- Save money: A great reason to save money and extend your budget even further. Hostels are typically one of the most cost-effective types of accommodation in Latin America. If you’re traveling as a couple or not on a tight budget remember that many hostels in Latin America offer private rooms. Meaning you can have the same privacy s you would in a hotel room but still benefit from the social and group dynamic of hostel life.
- Find Cultural Activities: Whilst backpacking through chile, hostels are one of the best places to get inside information on all the local events and cultural actives in the area. Some of the most unique and spontaneous.
Travel Insurance for Brazil
I always recommend backpackers and travelers (no matter who you are) use World Nomads Insurance for fully comprehensive cover.
If you are due to travel soon, you can get a Get A Free Quote by clicking the link or the image above and filling out your details – that way you’ll get instant cover from the exact date that you choose.
On many occasions World Nomads has provided me with reliable insurance cover for travel in Latin America and the rest of the world.
Best Hostels in Florianopolis
Traveling to Brazil can be difficult if you don’t know Portuguese. When it comes to backpacking Brazil I make sure I’ve got all the tools I need.
Booking in advance means you can focus on exploring the Brazilian culture whilst concentrating on getting to know the people, places, and local life.
📌 Like this article? Pin it…
Need More Hostel Inspiration?
Hopefully, you’ve found a hostel to stay in during your trip.
Need more ideas on where to stay? I’ve got you covered:
- Best Hostels in Buenos Aires – Stay in Argentina’s Capital.
- Best Hostels in Rio de Janeiro – Places to stay in Rio.
- Best Hostels in Lima – Lima’s best hostels.
- Best Hostels in Santiago – See places to stay in Santiago.
- Best Hostels in Belo Horizonte – Hostels in Belo Horizonte.
Maybe you’re traveling with valuables in your luggage? See these GPS luggage trackers for keeping your eye on your belongings.
“Dear friend! Some links in this post contain affiliate links. Meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, book a hostel or sign up for a tour, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Your support means a lot and helps me to keep traveling and maintaining the quality of this site for you.”