Are you looking for the best hostels in Ecuador?
If you’re backpacking South America you’ll no doubt be passing through Ecuador at some point during your adventure.
Quick Answer: Best Hostels in Ecuador
- Boutique Hostel In Ecuador – Masaya Hostel
- Digital Nomad Hostel – Selina Ecuador
- Best Party Hostel in Ecuador – Vibes Hostel
- Cheapest Hostel In Ecuador – Hostal Santa María Gracia
- Travel Dangers in Ecuador – Is Ecuador Safe?
With so many places to stay in Ecuador, and many great options to choose from.
I’ve put together this guide to save hours of your time looking for hostels. That way you can focus more on having a great time.
Booking Hostels in Ecuador
- Location: As a backpacker or traveller, you’ll probably be able to relate to how important location is. If you’re on a budget and looking for the best area to stay in Ecuador. Ensure you’re within close proximity to the attraction or central location. That way you’ll save money in the long run.
- Price: Cheaper is not always the best way to go when choosing Ecuador hostels. When taking into account the other key points you can find a happy medium. Try picking one or two hostels located in the same area and make a decision based on your personal priorities.
- Comfort: For the seasoned backpacker comfort become ever more so important. A rock-solid bed, cold water, and loud background music can be an instant turn-off for some people. See the reviews for each individual hostel you’re considering and try and find out if you’ll be able to get comfortable there. If having WiFi in your room is a deal-breaker you may want to contact the hostel first to inquire.
- Activities: What is there to do in the area and does the hostel offer any means of support for getting there or even guided tours with a local guide? This is an important one if you’re planning is to live new experiences and make new friends. Taking part in these type of group activities really helps you create long-lasting travel experiences.
Best Hostels in Ecuador
Getting through the Ecuadorian border is a great achievement for any backpacker. Maybe it’s your first time traveling to Ecuador?
If so, don’t leave without sure checking some of these hostels first, because, I’ve listed some of the best rated throughout the country.
Do you like Snorkeling and biking but don’t want to spend on gears? This hostel is for you! With their free equipment and knowledgeable staff, you will surely have fun!
A centrally located hostel that’s near the market with a kitchen equipped with all the cooking essentials – you will surely never go hungry or bored during your vacation! It’s worth noting that Hostal White House in Quito is also very popular with backpackers to Ecuador.
Located in between Old Town and Mariscal — this is a tourist’s dream for those who like classic architecture. Additionally, the amazing staff service will make your vacation more memorable.
Experience tranquillity and be enamored with the sound of the sea waves on a silent night when you book their rooms with stunning ocean views.
Probably one of the best hostels in Quito, Masaya Hostel combines modernity and beauty with its rooms meticulously designed to the guest’s needs. Plugs, outlets right at your bedside, and a beautiful garden inside the hostel premises.
🔓 Are you forgetting Something!?
Securing your belongings in hostels is a must whilst traveling.
- 3 dial combination
- Gives Peace of Mind
- Coated Steel Cable
Staying in hostels in Latin America with camera equipment and laptops, I’ve had to secure my belongings click here to learn more.
If you want to have a relaxing vacation – extra comfortable beds, incredibly tasty food, and staff service that is beyond expectation, then this hotel is highly recommended.
With its surrounding tourist attractions filled with activities for kids and a good value for money hostel in terms of services, this hostel is a top pick for families. Add this to your list of cheap places to stay in Ecuador if you’ll be visiting many places.
Warm welcome, long walks to the beach and exceptional artistry await you in Hosteria Mandala. With its exceptional service, most tourists extend or come back a second time around.
Many say Selina is one of the best places to stay in Ecuador. Located just a few minutes away from Mariscal center, this hostel provides you with great accessibility. Its amenities provide you with entertainment and the staff service provides you with a very relaxing vacation.
Rated 10/10 by most tourists, The Mud House will provide you with an eye-opening experience with its nature-respecting ambiance, impeccable cleanliness, cheap beer, and cozy common areas.
A home away from home – this what Hostel Revolution Quito is, with its spacious rooms, well-maintained facilities, and very welcoming owner, you will surely feel like you never left home.
Save yourself some money with this hotel’s access to cheap tours, along with that enjoy a delicious breakfast daily after a good night’s sleep in their comfortable rooms.
While traveling any Ecuador backpacker route, remember to keep your travel gear secure whenever staying in hostels.
I take extra precautions these days, you can click here to see mine.
Then really you can’t go wrong with these accommodation options. With the right selection, you’ll find the perfect place for you whilst backpacking Ecuador.
Why Choose a Hostel in Ecuador?
- Meet like-minded people: Staying in a hostel can be a great way to meet other backpackers, locals and knowledgeable guides. Many people overlook this aspect when considering staying in hostels.
- Save money: A great reason to save money and extend your budget even further. Hostels are typically one of the most cost-effective types of accommodation in Latin America. If you’re travelling as a couple or not a tight budget remember that many hostels in Latin America offer private rooms. Meaning, you can have the same privacy you would in a hotel room but still benefit from the social and group dynamic of hostel life.
- Find Cultural Activities: With so many places to visit in Ecuador, hostels can be great places to get inside information on all the local events and cultural actives in the area. Some of the most unique and spontaneous.
Travel Insurance for Ecuador
I always recommend backpackers and travelers (no matter who you are) use World Nomads Insurance for fully comprehensive cover.
If you are due to travel soon, you can get a Get A Free Quote by clicking the link or the image above and filling out your details – that way you’ll get instant cover from the exact date that you choose.
On many occasions World Nomads has provided me with reliable insurance cover for travel in Latin America and the rest of the world
Whether on a budget or looking for something more luxurious; if you want to have real authentic travel experiences I’d say stay in a hostel for at least one or two nights whilst in Ecuador.
Also, I find that booking my accommodation before I arrive allows me to concentrate on the more important stuff.
See some of my travel tips here for more ideas on my style of backpacking.
Best Hostels in Ecuador
By booking in advance you’re allowing yourself more time to explore. Make sure you always secure your backpack when staying in hostels.
There can be some pretty petty thieves lurking around those places.
But don’t let that thought startle you, just bear it in mind for when lugging your backpacking equipment around from hostel to hostel.
All in all, I wish you a great time in Ecuador and beyond.
📌 Like this article? Pin it…
💬 Leave a comment below or let’s start a conversation!
“Dear friend! Some links in this post contain affiliate links. Meaning, if you click through and make a purchase, book a hostel or sign up for a tour, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Your support means a lot and helps me to keep traveling and maintaining the quality of this site for you.”