Planning a travel adventure can be overwhelming.
Especially getting everything right in terms of packing and preparation.
What do you pack? How do you pack it? Do I even need travel insurance? I’ve experimented with travel over the years and continue to learn along the way.
Best Travel Gear Packing Guide
My Travel Packing Ethos:
- Stay Organized
- Essentials First
- Roll Items
- Stay Charged
- Secure Belongings
Along the road backpacking through South America in recent years, I’ve collected useful lists of resources that are a result of continuous round trips.
All packing essentials, travel gear and recommendations can be found here – designed to help you make the right choices before you board that plane.
That way you can travel confidently knowing you have the things you need to squeeze the most out of your time on the road.
Travel Clothing – What To Wear
As a smart traveller what I decide to wear as I travel is a priority.
I keep my clothing pretty lowkey whilst in Latin America. I’ve listed some practical clothing ideas below to help you know what to wear on your trip.
- Travel Pants – That are perfect for hot and sticky weather.
- Travel Sunglasses – I tend to use the foldable type.
- Stylish Travel Shorts – A good pair of travel shorts go a long way.
- Reversible Clothing – Save space and look twice as good.
- Lightweight Clothing – Perfect for hotter climates.
- Packable Down Jackets – Lightweight and breathable for all conditions.
Travel Footwear – Stay Comfortable
Will you be walking on the beach or hiking up a mountain? Maybe you’ll be walking for hours in urban cities:
- Comfy Flip Flops – Perfect for All round and hot weather conditions.
- Comfy Shoes – For when you’re on your feet a lot.
- No Show-Socks – Don’t be seen dead without them.
- Sturdy Travel Sandals – Perfect for those strenuous walks.
- Travel Boots – Suitable for all your travel needs.
When you travel there will be a list of items that ensure you are well equipped for being in a new climate.
- Medicine Kits – Going hiking? These are imperative.
- Backpacking Gifts – Great if unsure on what a backpacker might want.
- Travel Soap Case – Stay fresh and clean wherever you go.
- Quick Drying Towels – Be clean and dry yourself off in seconds.
- Hammock Underquilts – Stay as comfy as possible whilst camping.
Mens Travel Accessories
Useful accessories are the bane of every travellers existence. know what on how to carry those little pleasantries.
- Toiletry Bags – Every backpacker must get their toiletry game in-check.
- Shaving Cream – I like to make sure I’ve got a decent one with me.
- Travel Toiletries – Some useful toiletries you may find handy.
- Bearded Men Stuff – Essential for any man with a beard on the road.
If you like to take pride in your appearance, travelling as a man can be more complexed than you’d think when it comes to packing.
- Wheeled Backpacks – Perfect for both for short and long term travellers.
- Canvas Backpacks – The most stylish looking backpacks for all journeys.
- Carry on Bags – It can take years to get the perfect Carry on Bag.
- Anti-Theft Backpacks – Worried about Theft? Get added protection.
- Travel Document Holders – Staying organized in transit is imperative.
- Backpacks for Back Pain – Back Problems? Get a backpack with support.
- Leather Satchel Bags – A Great alternative to the regular day pack.
Travel Gadgets and Electronics
We live in a world surrounded by gadgets, learn how to choose and focus on the devices that will enhance your journey.
- Power Banks – Keep your devices fully charged.
- Drone for Travel – See this guide on travelling with a drone.
- Travel Coffee Maker – Prepare Perfect Coffee Everywere you go.
- GPS Luggage Tracker – Never Lose your Luggage again.
- Cheap Travel Cameras – Take amazing photos on a budget.
- Portable Translator – Do Real Time Translations on the Road
Destination Packing Guides
When choosing the best travel gear you start to realise that every new place may require a different packing strategy.
- Packing for Peru – Learn what to pack for Peru.
- Packing for Jamaica – Learn what to pack for Jamaica.
- Packing for Brazil – Learn what to pack for Brazil.
- Packing for Cuba – Learn what to pack for Cuba.
- Packing for Patagonia – Learn what to pack for Torres del Paine.
So, now you have some stellar know-how on what to pack, and, equally important, what not to pack – what will you carry?
If there’s anything you feel that is missing from this guide that you feel is essential to a backpacker or traveller to Latin America please let me know.