Welcome to Layer Culture
If there were two words to describe this site they’d be:
Bold + Courageous!
Because contrary to what everyone told me about travelling to Latin America, having money and being a man was all false.
I had to figure out the way of the world for myself.
Whether you’re just interested in Latin America and looking for travel inspiration. Or you’re just bored of the status quo lifestyle in your own country and need and excuse to escape – you’re in the right place.
If you’re reading this right now, something tells me you’re young, full of wonder, courageous and ready for an adventure.
It could be…
- Travelling to a country in Latin America
- Learning a new language like Spanish
- Creating a passion project while you travel
- Taking this opportunity to work on you
Maybe you’re sick of competing with society? Maybe you just want to do something for yourself. Something that you can look back on, and no-matter what think – I’m so glad I did that for myself. Something that’s not motivated by material gain. Or, other trivial items that don’t solve the question that keeps popping up every-time somethings not going your way.
No matter where you are in the world. Ideally you want to move outside your comfort zone and GROW.
You want to go out into the world and make some kind of impact with your live’s work.
Travel for the sake of travel is cool. But if you can travel and make a living at the same time, why travel to return back to the same situation you left behind. I call these Trips of Growth!
Smart Travel (as I call it), consists of a few core beliefs…
- Eating like a local and staying healthy
- Making new connections (the right type of connections)
- Staying with local families (or trading a skill)
- Learning the local language (in my case it was Spanish)
- Using the internet to sustain your travel and fund your new lifestyle
The gist of it is this. Something’s calling you to go out into the world. Now is the time to be a man. Be bold and be courageous. Now is the time to make a difference to your life and the lives of others… I’m here to help you do that.